The Florida Board of Bar Examiners prides itself on leading the country in rigorous and thorough background investigations and stringent character and fitness proceedings.
The Board’s character investigation relates to potentially derogatory disclosures, including (but not limited to) arrests, job terminations, financial responsibility, military proceedings, traffic records, litigation history, out-of-state Bar disciplinary matters, and student conduct code proceedings. The Board’s fitness investigation concerns mental health diagnoses that could impair the ability to practice law if left untreated and substance abuse or chemical dependency.
Our extensive hearing experience helps us evaluate and identify potential issues and create an action plan to proactively address likely areas of inquiry that will be raised by the Board of Bar Examiners. Whether or not you decide to hire a lawyer, before you make any sworn representation to the Board on an application, amendment or testify at a hearing, preparation is essential.
- Law School Application review
- Bar Application and Amendment review for new applicants and out-of-state lawyers
- Rehabilitation Action Plan for potential Character and Fitness Issues
- Investigative Hearing and Formal Hearing representation, including mock hearing preparation
- Rehabilitation Hearings following Bar admission denial
- Readmission Applications following disbarment