When it comes to professional responsibility liabilities, most lawyers are risk averse.
The practice of law is challenging without the ethical dilemmas, difficult clients, aggressive opposing counsel and law firm changes and developments. Lawyers often recognize when a matter is heading toward a dispute or a grievance but are uncertain how to change course. We serve as private ethics counsel assisting lawyers navigate the unexpected and find proactive solutions as well as recommend law office management action plans to help protect your law firm practice and avoid ethical pitfalls.
We also provide expert testimony in Florida State and Federal Courts pertaining to a lawyer’s compliance with the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar, the unauthorized practice of law and lawyer disqualification. Before retention as an expert, we require a preliminary review of materials to determine whether we can offer expert testimony in your matter.
- Best Practice Recommendations to Minimize Risk
- Conflict of Interest Analysis and Disqualification Review and Representation
- Fee Disputes and Fee Arbitration
- Review Fee / Retention Contracts and Intake Forms
- Law Firm Formation and Dissolution
- Departing Associates and Partners
- Multi-jurisdictional Practice in Florida; Interstate Law Firms
- Law Practice Sales
- Orders to Show Cause and Contempt Proceedings
- Qualifying Provider Registration and Compliance