We understand that a Bar grievance feels, and often is, personal and can deeply impact a lawyer’s livelihood and reputation.
A successful Bar defense requires objective, deliberate, and informed analysis. We have represented over 1,000 lawyers in Bar disciplinary responses and litigation. While our representation often begins with the submission of the initial response to the Florida Bar’s A.C.A.P. office, we also step in after a grievance is referred for further grievance committee investigation, a finding of probable cause that the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar have been violated, a hearing before a Referee, a sanction hearing, or a Petition to the Florida Supreme Court.
Defending lawyers is not confined to grievance proceedings. We assist lawyers with Board Certification questions and denials, Authorized House Counsel applications, CLE delinquency, fee disputes and fee arbitration, contempt proceedings, firm dissolution, partner or associate departures and reinstatement petitions.
- Responding to initial inquiries/complaints/grievances
- Representation before grievance committees, including evidentiary hearings
- Litigation and final hearing before a Referee
- Sanctions hearings
- Appeals to Designated Reviewers and the Disciplinary Review Committee
- Petitions for Review before the Florida Supreme Court
- Reinstatement proceedings following suspensions and placements on inactive status
- Contempt proceedings
- Board of Legal Specialization and Education (BLSE) proceedings