Gwen Daniel (formerly Gwen Hinkle) joined Smith and Tozian, P.A. in 1998 as an associate attorney and became a law partner in 2007. Gwen has represented lawyers at every stage of the Florida Bar disciplinary process and has handled over a hundred character and fitness hearings before the Florida Board of Bar Examiners.
In addition to regulatory defense, Gwen works as private ethics counsel helping lawyers evaluate law firm practice questions and assisting Bar applicants proactively mitigate potential character and fitness issues. Gwen has spoken at numerous CLE events, seminars and law school presentations on legal ethics, Florida Bar admission and the grievance system. Gwen was recognized by Have a Heart for her volunteer efforts working with domestic violence petitioners. Gwen also enjoys serving families at the Ronald McDonald House in Tampa.
- Former Assistant State Attorney, Thirteenth Judicial Circuit
- Stetson University College of Law
J.D. 1995; Salutatorian
- University of Florida; lower and upper division Honors Department
B.A. Political Science 1992; Phi Beta Kappa
- Florida Bar Law Office Management Advisory Board, two terms
- Ferguson-White Inn of Court; Florida Association of Bar Defense Lawyers; National Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers