Tim Chinaris joined Smith, Tozian, Daniel & Davis, P.A. in 2023 as an “of counsel” attorney. Tim has worked in legal ethics since 1989, and his diverse background in the field brings an extensive body of knowledge and unique skillset to the firm. In addition to Florida, Tim is licensed to practice law in Tennessee, Alabama, and Texas and is also admitted to the Bar of the United States Supreme Court.
He is currently the President of the Florida Supreme Court Historical Society and chairs the Tennessee Bar Association Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee. Tim is a member of The Florida Bar Committee on Professionalism, The Florida Bar Student Education and Admissions to the Bar Committee, The Florida Bar Out of State Division Executive Council, the Tennessee Supreme Court Tennessee Law Course Committee, the Executive Council of the Tennessee Bar Association General Practice, Solo, and Small Firm Section, and the Alabama State Bar UPL Committee.
He previously served as the Commissioner on the State of Alabama Ethics Commission and as a Trustee for the Jacksonville Public Library Board. Additionally, he served on bar unauthorized practice of law committees in Alabama, Florida, and Virginia and as an expert witness in federal and state courts, bar proceedings, and arbitrations.
- Ethics Director of The Florida Bar, 1989-1997
- University of Texas J.D. 1984; Honors
- Florida State University B.S. Business Administration 1977; Cum Laude
- Florida State University M.S. Library and Information Studies 1996
Belmont University College of Law, Nashville, TN
- Professor of Law; teaches courses in legal ethics, insurance, law, torts, and more
- Former Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Associate Dean for Information Services